Thursday, May 30, 2019

Review: Hope: A Memoir of survival in Cleveland



Hope by Amanda Berry

5 tearful stars!!!

I have been waiting years to read this book. Every time I tried to read this book it was sold out or had a hold on it that took years! Well, I finally went to a different library and guess what?! They had the book!! I watched all the shows on it about this case, and even watched the movie. I followed this story for a long time and even used some of it for case studies for college.


This book is from Amanda and Gina's side. They explained how they were taken, and all the horrible events that they had to endure for over 10 years. I felt that they left out a lot of what they went through, but can you even blame them? It takes a strong person to write about their trauma, but even stronger one to want to sit and read it. While reading this book I was trying to piece the time line together and see if there was any time where the FBI missed something or if someone would have been just a bit more nosy.

the best part of this book is how Amanda turned into a great mom. How much she hid her pain to give her daughter the best life she was able to give. I would love to see how they are doing now. If they are coping in the real world meaning if they are working, shopping, doing normal things without fear. Or if they are still worried something bad is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment